- Location – In the olympic green Bejing China
- Building Type – Stadium
- Owner – Chineese Government
- Number of floors – Three, but it is almost 20 stories (of an ordinary building high), reaching 226 feet.
- Architect – Herzog & De Meuron
- Structural Engineer – Ove Arup & Partners
- MEP Engineers – Ove Arup & Partners
- Contractor – CITIC Internationals Contracting Inc
- Contracting Method – Design-Bid-Build
- The bird’s nest can withstand an earthquake of up to magnitude 8 on the Richter Scale.
- At the peak of construction there were over 9,000 workers on the project.
- The project budget began at $500M before it was drastically reduced to just under $300M.